Limits, limits!
Wherefore art thou limits?
Refuse thy vanilla, and deny normality...
Okay, so maybe I kind of just abused Shakespeare a little bit. But you get where I'm going with this, don't you? That's right-- drum roll please!-- I'm going to talk about limits. (Both limits in general, and my personal ones.)
I don't like the idea of saying that one has "limits", exactly. I feel as though the whole concept allows subs to-- well, I guess-- 'top from the bottom'. I don't like the idea of saying that I will never in all of my life do x, y, and z. Sure, there are things that I would rather not do, but I don't think of them as being limits. It's more of a trust thing.
Think of a roller coaster sign. You know, "You must be this tall to ride."
Doms must be this trusted to explore.
Being a frequently-frightened little cunt, there are oodles of things that frighten me, or cause me displeasure. The thing is, I'm not so self-consumed that if I really, really cared for a Dom who was into that sort of thing, that I wouldn't do it. If the relationship's worth it, I think the things that scare a sub, or put a sub off are more than worth exploring.
Now, that's not to say that there aren't things that I will never do. But, honestly, these aren't limits. They're morals. I'm never going to play with children, dead things, or shit. (I know the last one seems mild, but there are all types of bacteria in scat that I'm just personally not willing to risk.)
So, now comes the part of the show where I make a nice little clean list for all the little boys and girls to read:
Soft Limits:
-Insects: I would very much like it if no one ever exposes me to a bug, worm, spider, or other creepy-crawly during my play. I loathe buggies, and they make me want to burst into tears and run away as hard as I can.
-Piss-drinking: No thank you.
-Feet: Again, a simple 'no thank you'.
-Electricity: Electricity is not like fire. Fire burns, but it's controlled. Electricity burns, and it's so much harder to control that I don't think I'd even like to witness a wand lighting up. Nevermind having someone touch me with it.
-Needlies (And all that jazz): I hate things going into my skin. I hate things that can peirce, cut, destroy, or make bleed. I hate the thought of accidents happening, and I hate that idea of being-- well-- dead. I'd rather not play with scary things.
-Period-play: Ew. Just ew.
-(Extreme) Pain: Despite being submissive, I am not a masochist. It seems as though people believe the two go hand-in-hand. They don't. I'm a prime examle of someone who adores submitting, and loves pleasing their Dom. Personally, I don't enjoy pain. I hate it. I have an extremely low "ow" threshold, and I try to avoid it. (That said, there are types of pain I can handle, but I'm not going to go into that with specific detail at this time.)
Hard Limits:
-Kids.
-Scat.
-Dead thingies.
-Extreme intoxication.
-Stupid people.
Well, that's my two cents on limits. All-in-all, the things that I'm most adverse to are because I'm either exceptionally frightened of them, or they gross me out. *Shrug*
-Violet.
No comments:
Post a Comment