Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Day 8: Imagery

Day 8: Post a kinky image you find erotic.

I don't really have a vast arsenal of pictures that I find "hot", I feel as though-- For me-- words, and real-life visuals will always be far more exciting than pornographic or sensual imagery. I'm a much more auditory person than anything else, so hearing words as I read them is more of a turn on for me than anything else. For the past couple of months, though, I've been following a blog who has turned me on to a whole new world of erotica.

Combining photography, music, and the written word Forbidden Light's blog Journals of an Intelsexual has proven to be a sample dish of delicious eroticism. I've found that the dark, often profound images that decorate his blog are something amazing. Though I have no fetish for male homoerotism, feet, or tribal paint, Forbidden Light has found images that make beauty out of something that I never thought was for me. Has he changed my idea of some taboos? No, not really. But has he opened my mind to a wider understanding of just why he likes the things he does? Absolutely.

The image I chose is not one from Forbidden Light's blog, but rather an image I came across a while ago on someone's Fetlife account. I promise to spend some time later tonight in order to find this photographer's profile again, in order to more accurately credit his work, but I'm not sure if I'll be able to come across it again.

When I initially came across this photo, it struck something within me. The deep contrast of the black and white photography, with the rugged setting, and the perceived helplessness of the suspended girl... It was amazing. This photo has stuck around on my computer's hard drive for quite some time now, and I'm truly effected by it. It's not overtly sexual in nature (the crack of the girl's naked ass is possibly the most sexual component in this image), but I find it to have some sort of allure that I can't put my finger on. Suspension and Saran-wrap aren't even on my list of kinks, but I find this picture to be powerfully erotic on a much larger scale.

-Violet.



No comments:

Post a Comment